The AMS2 (Automated Melee Screening) instrument from De Beers Group Ignite represents a significant technological advance in the field of diamond melee screening.
Around 99 per cent of colourless and near colourless stones will pass and require no further examination. The AMS2 will refer for further tests on all synthetics and simulants and less than one per cent of natural diamonds. These referred stones can then be looked at on the DiamondView.
* Automated feed and dispense.
* Low referral rate; testing for both CVD & HPHT.
* Speed: up to 3,600 stones per hour.
* Cuts: round brilliant and many fancy shapes.
* Stone size: round brilliant: 0.0032ct up to 0.2ct; fancy shapes: 0.01ct up to 0.2ct.
* Colour range: colourless/near colourless.
* Failsafe in all colour ranges.
* Fully embedded system; no external PC required.